License unit is the entity to enable advanced license management options. Including organizing license by area or business unit, allow users to request from their area or business unit, creating License admins, and auto-assign users.
New License Management features are being rolled out early 2024, if you don't see this functionality in the Admin Portal, contact support to understand the timeline for you.
License unit use case
- Organize users in different "units"
- This could be geographical, functional, organizational, and is customizeable
- Allow users to request license from their "unit"
- License units can be displayed to unlicensed users, so when a user wants to request a license, it can be routed to their department or billing center
- Create License admins
- License admins are a tiered admin role, that can only manage license for their License unit
- Allocate number of licenses to each license unit
- Each license unit can be assigned a given number of license for assignment
- Automatically assign users to License units
- License units can be connected with a mail-enabled security group, team or O365 group where member will automatically be assigned to the specific License unit
Configure license units
- In Decisions Admin Portal, go to License units
- Create new License unit, or edit existing one
- In License settings, you can enable users to request license from License units
- In Licenses, you can manage users's assignment for License units,