Decisions allows you to assign licenses to users via a "group-based licenses" approach. All members of a Team or Group will get a license to use Decisions across teams, groups or OneDrive.
New License Management features are being rolled out early 2024, this article explains legacy version of managing licenses in Admin Portal
Enable Team/Group approval flow and license management
- Open the Decisions admin portal
Note: If you do not have access to the Admin Portal, contact your Decisions Admin or Decisions support. By default, the user that approved the Decisions enterprise app in your tenant is designated Decisions Admin.
- Go to Manage Licenses
- Enable "Require approval to add Decisions to a Team or Group"
Note: When you enable approval flow and license management, the Decisions app will automatically be enabled for all Teams/Groups already using Decisions.
- Require approval and license management is now Enabled
- Unlicesensed users will now have to request approval before starting to use Decisions in a new Team/Group. For new requests, Decisions License Admins will get an email notification, and the request will also be displayed in the "Unlicensed Groups" overview.
- You can assign access to Teams/Groups by searching for the name and adding them to the list of assigned access as well.
- License requests coming from a user who wants to use OneDrive will only be notified via email. And to assign that user a license, the user needs to be added to an existing Team/Group with a license, or a new Team/Group where that user is a member will need to be assigned a license.