Decisions meetings can be held with guest attendees from outside of the team, or outside of the organization altogether. Guests can be added to the entire meeting, or to specific agenda items. This guide is for adding guests to the entire meeting.
To add a guest to the entire meeting, you will need to begin the building of the meeting agenda using the Decisions Meeting Secretary add-in for Outlook. You can download the Meeting Secretary here.
- Go to the meeting invite on your Outlook calendar or create a new one.
- Open the Decisions Meeting Secretary add-in, which will open a side panel in your invitation
- Begin creating the agenda for the meeting, or at least the first item
- Switch to the “Manage Access” tab
- In the “Manage Access” tab, you can grant access to your guest attendees, with an option to allow the guest to edit the agenda, view the agenda, or stop sharing the agenda with them
- When you are ready to publish the agenda to the attendees (including the guest), press the publish button and click “OK” to generate a link to the agenda on the meeting invite
- After pressing “OK” you will see a banner in the side panel that the guest permissions are being applied
- Send out your updated meeting invite when you are ready to share with the attendees
Note: To invite users external to the Office 365 tenant to a Decisions meeting, this must be allowed by your IT admin policies. Decisions cannot supersede current Office 365 policies.