This guide will show what options you have and how to distribute the Decisions add-ins for Office 365 - all without using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
Decisions has two add-ins for Office 365, in addition, to the offering for Microsoft Teams:
- Decisions Meeting Secretary: for easy creation and sharing of agendas from within Microsoft Outlook. Supports both the desktop and web version of Microsoft Outlook.
- Decisions Meeting Documents Manager: for easy creation of meeting minutes and Meeting Books from Microsoft Word. Supports only the desktop version of Microsoft Word.
You can either have your users download these directly themselves following the links above, or follow the steps in this guide to learn how to do it for your users.
Using Office 365 centralized deployment to distribute the add-ins
For most organizations, we recommend you distribute the add-ins for your users. In addition, as only the meeting organizers need the Office add-ins, we recommend you create a separate security group in Azure AD for those, and choose that when selecting who to distribute the add-ins to.
Step I: Open the Office 365 Admin Center
Step II: Click Settings > Select “Services & Add-ins” > Select “Deploy Add-in"
Step III: From the options, choose "I want to add an app from the Office Store"
Step IV: Search for “Decisions” and then select “Add” for each add-in
Step V: Select the security group to which you would like to distribute the add-ins
Note that it can take a few hours for add-ins to appear for the users.
Security and Privacy
The Decisions Office add-ins are modern web-based add-ins that run in their own sandbox inside of Outlook and Word, hence there is a risk of conflicts with other add-ins you may already have. Please refer to the Microsoft documentation for details on the security model.
- Deploying Decisions for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft's documentation on Privacy and Security for Office Add-ins
- Does centralized deployment work for my organization?
- Microsoft's in-depth guide on Office 365 centralized deployment